Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Daily Five: Listening to Reading

I have decided to use my blog as not only a resource for other teachers (someday in the future, I hope!), but as a resource for me as well.  As I find ideas that I would like to implement in my own classroom next year, I will be noting them on here.  Next year we are starting The Daily Five at my school.  I am trying to figure out what this will look and sound like in my own classroom.  This post will be a work in progress and edited as often as I find ideas.

Here are some ideas I have found for my students to use next year for Listening to Reading:
  • http://www.storylineonline.net/  Members of SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) read children's stories
  • http://www.portlandlibrary.com/kidsplace/tumblebooks.htm  I am hoping that I can convince my school to purchase the yearly license for Tumblebooks.  It allows unlimited access to books by teachers and also by students at home.  What a win-win that would be!!
  • Books on mp3:  I currently don't have ANY of these, but I would love to get my hands on some.  I would then purchase a few cheap mp3 players
Hopefully I will find some more ideas!  If you have any that I haven't thought of, please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ideas. I am always looking for ways to spruce up Daily 5 in my classroom.

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete